Friday, June 19, 2009

Facetime With Bucky

BuckTheNorm.com is back with a new contest. TFCU is asking young people to submit their own photo of Bucky over the summer, and the best one chosen gets to be Bucky's facebook profile pic, and the winning entrant gets a free digital camera.

DrawingBucky

We've worked so much on buck the norm around here, and had gotten so used to calling the "spokesthumb" of the campaign, Bucky, that we thought it might be a good idea to formally introduce him to the buck the norm audience as well. So we decided to do a video about him.

First step, get his face right. We'd gotten a little rusty drawing the perfect Bucky face, so we had to practice... a lot.

BuckyVolunteers

Fortunately we had a lot of volunteers around the agency (if you consider forcing people to let us draw faces on their thumbs with permanent marker volunteering).

BuckyCompleted

Finally, it was perfect. Good match, don't you think? This is actually my thumb, which plays Bucky Number One in the video.

BuckCloseup

Daniel has more experience starring in buck the norm videos.

His thumb is Bucky Number Two.

(That sounds kind of gross...if you're five years old I suppose... but I have one of those, too... so I went there.)

BackstageBucky

We decided that my desk area had the most natural light, so we set up our little makeshift studio there: easels, foam core, poster board, and dangerously hot desk lamps and shop lights rigged up at precarious angles.

We were too lazy to move my desk. Or clean it.

BackstageBuckyBrett

Brett was our official stage hand-slash-camera man. He's about to go union.

BabyBucky

We actually had a guest star Bucky. Here I am holding her hand up so it shows up in the frame.

StageMomBucky

And here I am going all stage mom on her. Her real mom, Kriste, our media buyer, is in the background. She's about to come throw me down. I'm pretty sure she could take me.




But at the end of the day it was worth it.

Presenting our handmade video.

No comments: